Soccer Tennis is a great game to focus on volleys and balls out of the air. It can be played virtually anywhere, and the older kids will love it.
Soccer Tennis Soccer Game
Soccer Tennis is a great game to focus on volleys and balls out of the air. It can be played virtually anywhere and the older kids will love it.
- Build a court that is 12 X 24 yards (2 12 yard squares).
- Assign a team of 3 players to each of the 12X12 grid.
- The size of your court will depend on the number of players and can be made larger or smaller depending on the number of players playing and their age.
- To begin the game, instruct the serving team to have one person start serving the ball from behind the back line.
- The server must volley or half volley the ball to their opponents side of the court.
- The receiving team has one bounce and two touches to receive the ball and play it back to their opponent’s side of the court. However, the ball doesn’t have to bounce, and the ball can be played in 1 touch.
- If the ball touches the ground twice or is knocked out of the playing court, a point is awarded to the serving team.
- Keep score just as you would in tennis.
- Based on the skill level of the players, adjust the touch/bounce limits
- HAVE FUN
- This is a great way to let kids experiment with controlling/judging flighted balls
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- 9" Tall Soccer Cones - Add 9" Tall Soccer Cones to your equipment bag as they make excellent agility and fitness cones, field border markers, or utilized in soccer training.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.