1 on 1 (1v1) Soccer Progression
This one-on-one (1v1)progression will focus on required dribbling skills, body feints, and the required burst of speed to beat a defender.
1-on-1 1v1 Soccer Drills
This 1 on 1 progression will focus on required dribbling skills, body feints, and the required burst of speed to beat a defender.
- Create a 15X25 yard grid.
- The end-lines will serve as goals to begin.
- Have the attacker start at their end-line with the defender directly in front of the ball and attacker.
- Instruct the defender to not move until after the attacker has touched the ball.
- The attacker should use body feints to off-balance the defender, then push the ball past the standing defender with a burst of speed.
- The defender should attempt not to let the attacker reach the other end-line.
- Award a point each time the attacker reaches the end-line.
- After each attempt to beat the defender the attacker and defender should change roles, so each player gets a chance to even the score.
- In the same 15X25 grid, remove the defender's restrictions and continue to play 1v1 to the end-line.
- Add a small Pugg goal at each end-line and have the players play to the small target. If you don't have a Pugg goal, create a goal with cones, flags or training sticks.
- Use body feints to off-balance the defender.
- A quick burst of speed to quickly beat the defender.
- Attempt to exploit the space behind the defender.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Pugg Goal - Pugg Goal or Mini Soccer Goal
- 4 - U4, Under 4, 4 and Under
- 5 - U5, Under 5, 5 and Under
- 6 - U6, Under 6, 6 and Under
- 7 - U7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- 8 - U8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- 9 - U9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- 10 - U10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- 11 - U11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- 12 - U12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- 13 - U13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- 14 - U14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- 15 - U15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- 16 - U16, Under 16, 16 and Under