Quick Transition Game
This soccer drill is an excellent way to focus on attacking and defending and is ideal for teaching the basic principals of soccer. The game can be modified to illustrate many aspects of the game.
Quick Transition Game Soccer Support and Transition
This soccer drill is an excellent way to focus on attacking and defending and is ideal for teaching the basic principals of soccer.
- Create a 35X45 yard field with two goals at either end.
- Split up the team into three teams of 4 players and give each team a color (Blue, Red, & Yellow).
- Place a goalkeeper in each goal.
- Start with the Yellow team attacking the Blue team.
- The Red players start with two players at each of the two goals acting as neutral supporting players to both colors playing.
- If the Yellow team scores on the Blue team, the Yellow team has to quickly retrieve the ball from the goal and attack the goal on the opposite end-line.
- The Blue team steps off to become the supporting players along the outside while the Red team steps on the field to play against the Yellow team.
- Continue to rotate off the team getting scored on with the supporting team.
- The first team to 5 goals wins.
- Make supporting players play in 1 touch.
- Make the attackers have to play through the supporting players before they can score a goal
- Focus on basic Defending Principals.
- Focus on basic Attacking principals.
- Encourage players to play through the supporting players to make play easier.
- Make sure supporting players are moving to good space/angles to properly support the play.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Training Sticks - Training Sticks or Agility Poles
- Full Size Goal - Full Size Goal
- Dribbling - Soccer Dribbling Drills
- Passing - Soccer Passing Drills
- Receiving - Soccer Receiving & Turning Drills
- Crossing - Soccer Crossing/Finishing Drills
- Fitness - Soccer Fitness Drills
- Possession - Soccer Possession Drills
- Defending - Soccer Defending Drills
- Attacking - Soccer Attacking Drills
- Shooting - Soccer Shooting Drills
- Goalkeeping - Soccer Goalkeeping Drills