Extreme Tag Soccer Game
The Extreme Tag soccer game is a fun soccer drill that focuses on young soccer players dribbling skills and aids in player awareness. It is a great drill that causes players to change directions quickly to find space to avoid being tagged.
Extreme Tag Soccer Game and Dribbling Skills
The extreme tag soccer game a fun soccer drill that focuses on young soccer players dribbling skills and aids in player awareness.
- Create a grid that is approximately 20X20 yards.
- The size of the grid can vary depending on the number of players.
- Each player should have a soccer ball.
- Players dribble around in the grid trying to avoid a tag from the other players.
- The tag must be below the player's knee to receive credit for the tag.
- Each successful tag below the knee will result in a point being awarded to the tagging player.
- If the player gets tagged, a point is subtracted from their total.
- The first player to 5 wins that round.
- Play a couple of rounds depending on the length of time each game takes.
Drill Coaching Points
- Make sure players are dribbling with their head up
- Instruct players to find open space.
- Players will want to leave their ball when being chased, so make sure the players keep their ball in close control.
- Make sure the kids have FUN!
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.