Soccer Ball Smash
The Soccer Ball Smash soccer passing drill will focus on the player who is just learning to pass, as this drill will focus on passing accuracy.
Soccer Ball Smash Soccer Passing Drill
The soccer ball smash soccer drill will focus on the player who is just learning to pass and passing accuracy.
- Create a large grid approximately 40X50 yards.
- Pair up each of the players and make sure each player has a ball.
- The two partners should stand near to each other inside the grid but spread away from other groups of players when starting this drill.
- Instruct player 1 to pass his ball forward.
- After Player 1's ball stops moving, player 2 then passes their ball at player 1's ball in an attempt to hit player 1's ball.
- If player 2 misses, then player 1 tries to hit player 2's ball from where it landed previously.
- Each time a player hits their opponents ball, they collect a point.
- The first player to 5 wins that match.
- Alternate the groups and repeat.
- Limit players to passing with certain parts of the foot: inside, outside, instep
- Make sure the players are striking the ball with the right surface of the foot.
- Make sure the weight of the pass is good
- Watch the plant foot to make sure it is pointing to its target.