Soccer Dribbling and Juggling Warm-up
This soccer drill is a great warm-up drill that allows players to work on touching the ball with all parts of the foot. If you want to improve players footwork and dribbling skills, this is an excellent start to each practice.
Soccer Dribbling and Juggling Warm-up Drill
This soccer drill is a great warm-up drill that allows players to work on touching the ball with all parts of the foot.
- Either use the center circle of the field or build a circle with cones.
- Each player needs to have a ball and start inside the circle.
- Have players dribble anyway they want inside the circle as long as they are using both feet for 2 minutes.
- Have the players juggle for 1 minute using feet only trying to alternate from right to left.
- Have players dribble with inside and outside of each foot with the following pattern: right foot - inside, outside, inside, outside then switch to left foot inside, outside, inside, outside and continue to switch feet. Do this for 2 minutes.
- Have players juggle with their thighs and feet for 1 minute. Again instruct players to switch feet while juggling.
- Have players work on cuts and turns. The players should be instructed to cut the ball quickly and have a short sprint after cutting or turning the ball. Make sure players are exploring with inside and outside of the foot cuts and staying with the ball when they cut. Do this for 2 minutes.
- Now instruct the players to juggle again. This time juggle with the feet and pop the ball to the chest and back down to the feet. Do this for 1 minute.
- Now have players turn the pace up a notch and play full speed working on cuts, turns, and avoiding collisions. Push players to work hard for 1 minute straight.
- Make sure the player is continuously lifting their head and checking their surroundings; this will help players find space and avoid other players.
- Make sure players keep the ball close to them while in congested areas; this will help them move the ball more quickly to avoid other players and obstructions.
- Encourage players to use all parts of their feet while dribbling (inside, outside, top, bottom).
- 4 - U4, Under 4, 4 and Under
- 5 - U5, Under 5, 5 and Under
- 6 - U6, Under 6, 6 and Under
- 7 - U7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- 8 - U8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- 9 - U9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- 10 - U10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- 11 - U11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- 12 - U12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- 13 - U13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- 14 - U14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- 15 - U15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- 16 - U16, Under 16, 16 and Under