Can You Do This?
The Can You Do This? soccer drill focuses on players under 6 years old. It is designed to work on simple body movement, coordination, and balance.
Soccer Body Movement, Coordination, and Balance
This is a soccer drill is designed to work on simple body movement, coordination and balance.
- In an unmarked area gather your players without their soccer ball (you can introduce this later in this drill).
- The coach should come up with a short list of activities such as skipping, one-legged hops, star jumps, log rolls, summer salts, push-ups, etc.
- The coach should start by asking the players "I can do [activity] can you?"
- The coach should then demonstrate to the players the activity and have the children do the same.
Introduce the soccer ball and change activities to include the soccer ball such as:
- passing and kicking
Drill Coaching Points
- Allow Children the ability to explore their body movements.
- Make it fun for the children!
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.