Can You Do This?
The Can You Do This? soccer drill focuses on players under 6 years old. It is designed to work on simple body movement, coordination, and balance.
Soccer Body Movement, Coordination, and Balance
This is a soccer drill is designed to work on simple body movement, coordination and balance.
- In an unmarked area gather your players without their soccer ball (you can introduce this later in this drill).
- The coach should come up with a short list of activities such as skipping, one-legged hops, star jumps, log rolls, summer salts, push-ups, etc.
- The coach should start by asking the players "I can do [activity] can you?"
- The coach should then demonstrate to the players the activity and have the children do the same.
Introduce the soccer ball and change activities to include the soccer ball such as:
- passing and kicking
- Allow Children the ability to explore their body movements.
- Make it fun for the children!