Snake in the Grass Soccer Game
This is a great soccer game for under 6 and under 8 soccer players. This soccer game is designed to work on young players coordination and body movements.
Snake in the Grass Youth Soccer Game
This is a great soccer game for under 6 soccer players. This soccer game is designed to work on young players coordination and body movements.
- Create a small grid approximately 15X15 yards.
- All of the players should be inside the grid.
- The coach should designate two players to be the "snakes" by lying on their stomachs.
- Each of the players begins with one of their hands on the snakes in the grass.
- When the coach yells "SNAKE IN THE GRASS" the non-snake players attempt to avoid the snakes as the snakes attempt to slither around on their stomach and touch a non-snake player.
- As a player is touched, that player also becomes a snake.
- The activity continues until everyone is a snake.
Drill Coaching Points
- This soccer game is designed to work on young soccer players balance, coordination and body movement.
- As the children attempt to avoid the snakes, they will move in all directions and should be encouraged to run, jump, cut, turn, etc to avoid the snake.
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.