Inside of the Foot Passing Warm-up
This passing warm-up drill will focus on accuracy when passing with the inside of the foot.
inside of the foot passing warm-up
This warm-up drill focuses on passing with the inside of the foot.
- Create a small window with two cones approximately 4 yards apart.
- Split the team evenly into two groups.
- Each group should line up about 6 yards from the passing window.
- The play in front of one of the lines should start with the ball.
- The first player in line passes the ball through the window to the first player in the other line.
- The passing player then follows their pass to the back of the other line by sprints outside the window.
- The receiving player then takes a touch then plays the ball back through the window to the next player in the other line.
- The passing player then follows their pass to the back of the other line.
- Pass in one-touch
Drill Coaching Points
- Clean first touch
- Toe up, ankle locked
- Strike the ball smoothly with the inside of the foot
- Good pace on the ball
- Focus on accuracy between the cones
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.