Line Passing Overlap Warm-upThis passing and overlapping warm-up soccer drill will help perfect the introduction of overlapping runs, playing off the pass, as well as teamwork through communication.
Passing and overlaping soccer drill
This passing and overlapping warm-up soccer drill will help perfect the introduction of overlapping runs.
- Start with 4 cones set along a sideline about 10 yards apart.
- Line the players evenly up behind each of the cones.
- The players on each of the outside cones start with the ball.
- Player 1 passes to player 2 at the same time player 4 passes to player 3.
- Player 2 and 3 dribbles with speed to the outside line.
- Player 1 makes an overlapping run around player 2 and runs into the space player 3 is leaving.
- Player 4 overlaps player 3 and fills the space that player 2 is leaving.
- Continue this pattern until the players reach the other side of the field.
- Encourage players to keep the same spacing as they started.
- Quality of passes into the feet or space of the attacker.
- Make early runs with speed since they have a long way to travel.
- Dribbling players should angle the dribble towards the outside and should dribble with speed.
- 4 - U4, Under 4, 4 and Under
- 5 - U5, Under 5, 5 and Under
- 6 - U6, Under 6, 6 and Under
- 7 - U7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- 8 - U8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- 9 - U9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- 10 - U10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- 11 - U11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- 12 - U12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- 13 - U13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- 14 - U14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- 15 - U15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- 16 - U16, Under 16, 16 and Under