Shooting Combo, 1v1 Shooting DrillThis is a great shooting drill that focuses on making a move before shooting, making a 1-2 combination play before shooting, then taking on a defender 1v1 before shooting.
Shooting Combination, 1v1 Shooting Drill
This shooting drill focuses on making a move, 1-2 combination, then taking on a defender 1v1 before shooting.
Create 3 lines (Line 1, 2, & 3) of players about 30 yards from goal with a goalkeeper in goal. Each player in line needs a ball.
- Instruct line 1 to make a move and shoot before the edge of the penalty box.
- After player 1 shoots, they need to check into player 2 for a 1-2 ball. Player 1 should lay the ball off to player 2 for a first time shot.
- After player 2 shoots, they move to defend the player in line 3. Player 3 should beat player 2 and have a shot on goal.
- The players should not change lines yet. Let each player work through their line 3-4 times before switching lines.
- Focus on good shooting technique, landing on the kicking foot, following through towards goal, and putting the ball on target.
- Kids should pay attention and remember their next task after shooting.
- Disc Cones
- Soccer Balls
- Full Size Goal
- 9 Years Old and Under
- 10 Years Old and Under
- 11 Years Old and Under
- 12 Years Old and Under
- 13 Years Old and Under
- 14 Years Old and Under
- 15 Years Old and Under
- 16 Years Old and Under
- 17 +
- Attacking - Soccer Attacking Drills
- Shooting - Soccer Shooting Drills
- Warm-up - Soccer Warm-up Drills