One-Touch Diamond Passing Combination
The One-Touch Diamond Passing Combination drill focuses on a number of quick one-touch combination passes and movement off the ball.
Soccer Passing Combination, One-Touch Passing Combinations
This passing combination drill focuses on a number of quick one-touch combination passes and movement off the ball.
- Create a large diamond approximately 12 yards between each side of the diamond.
- Place two cones near the middle of the diamond.
- Place a player at each of the 6 cones.
- Two players at opposite points of the diamond will start with the ball.
- The two players in the middle face the player with the ball.
- The players on either end of the diamond start the drill by playing the ball to the inside player and move to the other side of their cone to receive a pass back from the center player.
- After they receive the pass back from the center player they play to the player to their right.
- This player then passes to the center player, moves to the other side of the cone, receives the ball, and plays to the player to their right.
- This pattern will continue around the grid.
- When playing with two balls, make sure each player is aware of the 2nd ball at all times.
- The central players work only with the two points of the diamond and do not switch at this point in the drill.
- Have the central players follow their ball around the grid
- Limit touches to 1-touch only.
- Good weight on the pass
- Good pace of the pass
- Good Angle of the pass
- Time runs before and after the pass
- Good One-two's
- Keep the movement fluid and the body under control