One-Touch Diamond Passing Combination
The One-Touch Diamond Passing Combination drill focuses on a number of quick one-touch combination passes and movement off the ball.
Soccer Passing Combination, One-Touch Passing Combinations
This passing combination drill focuses on a number of quick one-touch combination passes and movement off the ball.
- Create a large diamond approximately 12 yards between each side of the diamond.
- Place two cones near the middle of the diamond.
- Place a player at each of the 6 cones.
- Two players at opposite points of the diamond will start with the ball.
- The two players in the middle face the player with the ball.
- The players on either end of the diamond start the drill by playing the ball to the inside player and move to the other side of their cone to receive a pass back from the center player.
- After they receive the pass back from the center player they play to the player to their right.
- This player then passes to the center player, moves to the other side of the cone, receives the ball, and plays to the player to their right.
- This pattern will continue around the grid.
- When playing with two balls, make sure each player is aware of the 2nd ball at all times.
- The central players work only with the two points of the diamond and do not switch at this point in the drill.
- Have the central players follow their ball around the grid
- Limit touches to 1-touch only.
Drill Coaching Points
- Good weight on the pass
- Good pace of the pass
- Good Angle of the pass
- Time runs before and after the pass
- Good One-two's
- Keep the movement fluid and the body under control
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.