One-Touch Passing Combination with a Dribble; Series 1
This is the first series to a great one-touch passing combination warmup drill with a light dribble. This is a passing pattern drill that focuses on one-touch passing, receiving, movement off the ball with touches on the ball.
This is the first series to a great one-touch passing combination warmup drill with a light dribble.
one-touch, passing combination, passing receiving, light dribble
- With cones or training sticks, create a grid approximately 20x20 yards.
- Place two to three training sticks down the middle of the grid.
- Place a starting cone about 5 yards from the grid in the middle of the grid.
- Start a player at each of the 4 corners of the grid.
- The remaining players will line up behind the start cone; each with a ball.
- This is the first series of the one-touch passing combination.
- Player 1 passes to player 2.
- Player 2 returns the pass to player 1.
- Player 1 then passes to player 3.
- Player 3 passes to player 2.
- Player 3 runs around the other side of the training stick and player 2 passes to player 3.
- Player 3 receives the pass and dribbles in-and-out of the training sticks set up inthe center of the field.
- Player 3 returns to the back of the line.
- Player 1 takes player 2's starting position.
- Player 2 takes player 3's starting position.
- The play continues on the other side of the grid in the same combination and movement.
- Play in two-touch passes for beginners.
- Follow this drill up with: One-Touch Passing Combination with a Dribble; Series 2
- Passes must be precise and to the feet of the receiving player.
- Good movement off the ball to create space and time the passes.
- Play in one-touch if possible. Slowing the drill to two-touches will allow players to get familiar with the pattern, and pace of the passes.
- If a bad pass is given, adjust accordingly and continue the drill.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Training Sticks - Training Sticks or Agility Poles