Pirate Treasure Dribbling GameThis soccer dribbling game is designed for young players ages 3-8. The Pirate Treasure Dribbling Game will focus on young players dribbling skills and is great fun for the kids.
Soccer Dribbling Game - Pirate Treasure
This soccer dribbling game is designed for young players ages 3-8.
- Create a grid about 30X30.
- Set up about 10 tall cones (the treasure) along one side of the grid.
- On the opposite side have each player (the pirates) start with a ball.
- 2-3 players start in the grid with an alternate color jersey on. They are defending the treasure (tall cones) along the side of the grid.
- On the coaches command, the pirates attempt to dribble past the defenders to take the treasure.
- To take the treasure the players must knock down the cone with the ball.
- Once they have knocked down the cone they must pick up the cone and take it back to their starting point while dribbling the ball.
- If the pirates lose the ball by the defenders, they must start back over at the original starting point.
- Reduce or increase the size of the grid and/or the number of defenders based on age, skill level, and the number of kids.
- Keep the ball close and in control.
- Pick head up while dribbling so they can see where the defenders are.
- Dribblers should explode past the defenders and dribble with speed.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- 9" Tall Soccer Cones - Add 9" Tall Soccer Cones to your equipment bag as they make excellent agility and fitness cones, field border markers, or utilized in soccer training.