Pirate Treasure Dribbling GameThis soccer dribbling game is designed for young players ages 3-8. The Pirate Treasure Dribbling Game will focus on young players dribbling skills and is great fun for the kids.
Soccer Dribbling Game - Pirate Treasure
This soccer dribbling game is designed for young players ages 3-8.
- Create a grid about 30X30.
- Set up about 10 tall cones (the treasure) along one side of the grid.
- On the opposite side have each player (the pirates) start with a ball.
- 2-3 players start in the grid with an alternate color jersey on. They are defending the treasure (tall cones) along the side of the grid.
- On the coaches command, the pirates attempt to dribble past the defenders to take the treasure.
- To take the treasure the players must knock down the cone with the ball.
- Once they have knocked down the cone they must pick up the cone and take it back to their starting point while dribbling the ball.
- If the pirates lose the ball by the defenders, they must start back over at the original starting point.
- Reduce or increase the size of the grid and/or the number of defenders based on age, skill level, and the number of kids.
Drill Coaching Points
- Keep the ball close and in control.
- Pick head up while dribbling so they can see where the defenders are.
- Dribblers should explode past the defenders and dribble with speed.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- 9" Tall Soccer Cones - Add 9" Tall Soccer Cones to your equipment bag as they make excellent agility and fitness cones, field border markers, or utilized in soccer training.
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.