This shadow soccer dribbling drill uses partners who do not attempt to gain possession of the ball but adds extra pressure as they follow the dribbler around and tries to imitate the lead dribblers every move.
Soccer Shadow Dribbling Drill
The shadow soccer dribbling drill uses partners who do not attempt to steal the ball, but adds extra pressure as they follow the dribbler.
- Create a small grid approximately 20X20 yards.
- Instruct players to pair up each player with a soccer ball.
- The lead dribbler dribbles around inside the grid while the shadow dribbler attempts to mimic the lead dribbler's every move by keeping a good close distance.
- Change leaders after a minute.
- lift head, eyes up
- close control
- control of body movements
- use all parts of their feet while dribbling (inside, outside, top, bottom).
- change of direction
- change of pace
- find space
- dribble with speed
- encourage players to be creative