Shooting Agility DrillThis soccer shooting drill will focus on passing combination along with agility. This drill is an excellent pre-game warmup for passing and shooting.
Soccer Shooting Agility Drill
This soccer shooting drill will focus on passing combination along with agility.
- Place a goalkeeper in the goal.
- Set a winger player on either side of the field.
- Place a target player near the top of the penalty area.
- About 35 yards out, line-up 5-6 cones about 1 yard apart.
- The remaining players should form a line (with soccer balls) behind the line of cones.
- The first player in the line passes a ball outside to the winger player and quickly weaves in and out of the cones or training sticks.
- At the same time, the winger player plays a ball to the target player who lays the ball off to the first player as they come out of the cones.
- The first player should attempt a first-time shot on goal, if possible.
- As the shooter finishes their shot, they move to the right or left winger position to receive a pass from the next player in line.
- The former winger player becomes the target and the previous target player shags the ball from the last shooter and gets in line.
- Modify the agility performed by the first player: ex. Backward slalom, sideways slalom.
- Have winger and target players make check runs before receiving the pass.
Drill Coaching Points
- The timing of the passes along with speed through the cones is of most importance.
- Passes must be precise with proper weight and timing.
- The ball must be properly laid off for a first time shot.
- Shooter strikes the ball accurately on a one-touch shot.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Training Sticks - Training Sticks or Agility Poles
- Full Size Goal - Full Size Goal
- 8 - U8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- 9 - U9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- 10 - U10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- 11 - U11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- 12 - U12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- 13 - U13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- 14 - U14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- 15 - U15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- 16 - U16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- 17 + - U17, U18, U19, U20, and Older
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.