Shooting on the Turn
This soccer shooting exercise will focus on shooting on the turn. Players will need to turn quickly towards the goal to get a shot on goal.
shooting on the turn, turn shot, quick turn and shot
Soccer shooting drill focusing on shooting on the turn. Players will need to turn quickly towards the goal to get a shot on goal.
- You will need a full-size goal with a keeper in the goal.
- Set up two cones about 20 yards from goal about 10 yards apart.
- Split the team into two groups starting at each corner flag.
- Each player needs a ball.
- The first player from group 1 dribbles toward the cone on his side.
- As he gets about 5 yards from the cone, he should pass the ball to the inside of the cone and run around the outside of the cone.
- Without taking another touch, the player then has a shot on goal.
- The 1st player in group 2 starts as soon as the shot is taken.
- Have a competition and keep score of goals made.
- Switch sides, so players shoot with both feet.
- Change the distance of the shot by moving the cone close or farther back.
- The shooter should get their hips squared up with the goal quickly.
- Shoot with the correct foot. If starting in the line on the right side of the goal, shoot with your left foot. If starting in the line on the left side of the goal, shoot with your right foot.
- Good shooting form.
- Good prep touch pass around the cone.
- Follow the shot.
- Good keeper positioning.