Shooting on the TurnThis soccer shooting drill will focus on shooting on the turn. Players are forced to turn quickly and shoot on goal.
shooting on the turn, turn shot, quick turn and shot
This soccer shooting drill will focus on shooting on the turn. Players are forced to turn quickly and shoot on goal.
- You will need a full size goal with a keeper in the goal.
- Set up two cones about 20 yards from goal about 10 yards apart.
- Split the team into two groups starting at each corner flag.
- Each player needs a ball.
- The first player from group 1 dribbles toward the cone on his side.
- As he gets about 5 yards from the cone, he should pass the ball to the inside of the cone and run around the outside of the cone.
- Without taking another touch, the player then has a shot on goal.
- The 1st player in group 2 starts as soon as the shot is taken.
- Have a competition and keep score of goals made.
- Switch sides so players shoot with both feet.
- Change the distance of the shot by moving the cone close or farther back.
- Shoot with the correct foot.
- Good shooting form.
- Good soft touch around the cone.
- Follow the shot.
- Good keeper positioning.
- 9 Years Old and Under
- 10 Years Old and Under
- 11 Years Old and Under
- 12 Years Old and Under
- 13 Years Old and Under
- 14 Years Old and Under
- 15 Years Old and Under
- 16 Years Old and Under
- Crossing - Soccer Crossing/Finishing Drills
- Attacking - Soccer Attacking Drills