T-Cone Dribbling Drill
The T-Cone soccer dribbling drill is a great drill to focus on dribbling with speed, controlled touches, turns, and fitness.
T-Cone Soccer Dribbling Drill
The T-Cone soccer dribbling drill focus on controlled touches, turns, and fitness.
- Set up four cones approximately 5 yards apart in the shape of the letter T.
- Two players at the T-Cones with one ball at the base of the T. One player will rest while the other player is working.
- Create multiple T-Cone setups to allow the entire team to participate.
- The first player starts at the T's base and dribbles around the middle-top cone, and cuts to the right-top cone.
- He then dribbles around the right-top cone and cuts towards the top-left cone.
- He then dribbles around the middle-top cone and returns to the starting cone.
- He then dribbles around the bottom cone and continues with the same pattern again.
- Repeat this same pattern for 1 minute each and rotate players.
- Limit the type of dribbling:
- Right foot
- Left Foot
- Bottom of the foot
- No ball, but make the players sprint. Have them facing forward only, so they will need to sprint forward, shuffle, and backpedal.
Drill Coaching Points
- Close touches
- Dribble with speed
- Tight turns around the cones
- 7 - U7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- 8 - U8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- 9 - U9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- 10 - U10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- 11 - U11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- 12 - U12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- 13 - U13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- 14 - U14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- 15 - U15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- 16 - U16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- 17 + - U17, U18, U19, U20, and Older
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.