T-Cone Dribbling Drill
The T-Cone soccer dribbling drill is a great drill to focus on dribbling with speed, controlled touches, turns, and fitness.
T-Cone Soccer Dribbling Drill
The T-Cone soccer dribbling drill focus on controlled touches, turns, and fitness.
- Set up four cones approximately 5 yards apart in the shape of the letter T.
- Two players at the T-Cones with one ball at the base of the T. One player will rest while the other player is working.
- Create multiple T-Cone setups to allow the entire team to participate.
- The first player starts at the T's base and dribbles around the middle-top cone, and cuts to the right-top cone.
- He then dribbles around the right-top cone and cuts towards the top-left cone.
- He then dribbles around the middle-top cone and returns to the starting cone.
- He then dribbles around the bottom cone and continues with the same pattern again.
- Repeat this same pattern for 1 minute each and rotate players.
- Limit the type of dribbling:
- Right foot
- Left Foot
- Bottom of the foot
- No ball, but make the players sprint. Have them facing forward only, so they will need to sprint forward, shuffle, and backpedal.
- Close touches
- Dribble with speed
- Tight turns around the cones
- 7 - U7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- 8 - U8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- 9 - U9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- 10 - U10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- 11 - U11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- 12 - U12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- 13 - U13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- 14 - U14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- 15 - U15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- 16 - U16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- 17 + - U17, U18, U19, U20, and Older