Three-Cone Passing Drill
The three-cone passing drill focuses on passing, awareness, and movement after the pass. This is a great warmup to focus on passing technique and movement after the pass.
three cone soccer passing drill
This is a soccer passing drill that will focus on passing and moving after the pass.
- Create an 8-yard triangle using three cones.
- Have two players start on one of the three cones, leaving one empty.
- One player starts with the ball.
- As players pass the ball, they must move to the open cone.
- As the passing player moves to the open cone, his cone becomes open and available for the next passer.
- Play continues for 2 minutes.
- Increase or decrease the size of the field
- Limit the touches to 1-touch passing
- Add a combination or 1-2 pass
- Good passing technique
- Crisp passes
- Good weight of passes
- Movement immediately after the pass
- Play in 2 touch