Three Person Passing CombinationThis passing combination drill that involves three players at a time. The combination sequence that will help perfect passing, combination play, movement off the ball, and will help improve player’s fitness level.
Three Person Passing Combination
This passing combination drill will help perfect passing and combination play and improving player’s fitness level.
- Create a grid approximately 10X20 yards.
- Two players start on the corner cone opposite each other.
- One player starts in the center of the grid.
- Player 1 starts the play by passing to the central player (Player 2).
- Player 1 moves to the cone to his side and receives the ball back from player 2.
- After returning the ball to player 1, player 2 moves to player 1's original starting position at the cone.
- Player 1 plays a long ball to Player 3 and moves into the center of the grid to become the new central player.
- Player 3 plays into Player 1 who returns the ball to player 3 at the cone placed 10 yards away.
- Player 1 now takes the starting position of Player 3 while Player 3 plays a long ball down to the starting position and Player 3 becomes the central player.
- The pattern is repeated.
- Switch and go the other direction so that players are used to playing from different angles.
- Focus on the quality of passes such as weight, pace, accuracy.
- A well-timed run facing the passing direction will assure a more accurate pass.
- The players must communicate with each other to make the drill easier.
- Players must concentrate on making the correct runs off the ball.