Three Person Passing CombinationThis passing combination drill that involves three players at a time. The combination sequence that will help perfect passing, combination play, movement off the ball, and will help improve player’s fitness level.
Three Person Passing Combination
This passing combination drill will help perfect passing and combination play and improving player’s fitness level.
- Create a grid approximately 10X20 yards.
- Two players start on the corner cone opposite each other.
- One player starts in the center of the grid.
- Player 1 starts the play by passing to the central player (Player 2).
- Player 1 moves to the cone to his side and receives the ball back from player 2.
- After returning the ball to player 1, player 2 moves to player 1's original starting position at the cone.
- Player 1 plays a long ball to Player 3 and moves into the center of the grid to become the new central player.
- Player 3 plays into Player 1 who returns the ball to player 3 at the cone placed 10 yards away.
- Player 1 now takes the starting position of Player 3 while Player 3 plays a long ball down to the starting position and Player 3 becomes the central player.
- The pattern is repeated.
- Switch and go the other direction so that players are used to playing from different angles.
Drill Coaching Points
- Focus on the quality of passes such as weight, pace, accuracy.
- A well-timed run facing the passing direction will assure a more accurate pass.
- The players must communicate with each other to make the drill easier.
- Players must concentrate on making the correct runs off the ball.
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.