Trapping and Controlling the ball Facing DefenderThe object of this soccer drill is to work on trapping and control with the foot, thigh, and chest while facing an opponent.
Soccer Drill Trapping Facing Defender, Soccer Control Drills
The object of this soccer drill is to work on trapping and control with the foot, thigh, and chest while facing an opponent.
In an area approximately 20X30 yards work in groups of 3 players. Player 1 on one side of the grid and the other 2 players (Players 2 and 3) on the opposite side. Player 1 starts with the ball.
Player 1 will serve the ball into player 2 and will follow the pass and defend player 2. Player 2 should move towards the serve, have a good control touch away from the pressure from player 1, and attack the sideline player 1 came from. Player 2 can pass to player 3 creating a 2v1.
To score the ball must be stopped on the sideline the two players are attacking.
The server should serve the balls to the chest, thigh and feet.
Place a 2nd defender 5-7 yards behind player 2 and 3 to put pressure from the back side of the attackers. This defender should make a recovery run to get goal-side of the ball.
- Quick control and movement forward.
- First touch is into space away from advancing player.
- controlling player must decide to dribble or pass
- make sure player is controlling the ball properly (see links below)
- 9 Years Old and Under
- 10 Years Old and Under
- 11 Years Old and Under
- 12 Years Old and Under
- 17 +
- Dribbling - Soccer Dribbling Drills
- Passing - Soccer Passing Drills
- Receiving - Soccer Receiving & Turning Drills
- Possession - Soccer Possession Drills
- Attacking - Soccer Attacking Drills