Triangle Combination Passing Drill
This passing drill focuses on combination play in a small area. You can concentrate on the pace of the pass, angle of the pass, the weight of the pass, timing of the runs before and after the pass, one-two’s, and movement.
Combination Passing Drill
This is a passing drill that focuses on combination play in a small area.
- Create a triangle about 10 yards a side.
- Place a player on each cone about 2 yards outside the triangle.
- You will only need 1 ball per triangle.
- Create multiple triangles according to the number of players you have. You can also place additional players at the starting position and have them rotate through each cone and return to the back of the line. Just be sure not to have too many players in line where they are waiting too long to play.
- Player 1 passes to player 2 on the outside of the cone.
- 2 returns the player to 1.
- Player 2 opens up and receives the pass from 1 on the opposite side of the cone.
- Player 2 now plays to 3 on the outside of the cone and the play continues around the 3 cones.
- Switch the direction of the play to focus on different angles of passing.
Drill Coaching Points
Focus on the following topics:
- Pace of the pass
- Angle of the pass
- Weight of the pass
- Timing of the runs before and after the pass
- Good fluid movement keeping the body under control
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.