Create a 30X10 yard grid and divide it into 3 10X10 grids. Two attackers start at the top of the grid with one defender should start on the side of the 1st middle line, and another defender starts on the opposite side of the next line. A goal with a goalkeeper should be placed at the end line. You can also use a Pugg Goal
in place of the larger goal and goalkeeper.
Instruct player "A" to pass to player "B" and attack the goal on the opposite goal line. Player "C" and "D" become active when the 1st pass is made from Player "A" to player "B". Player "C" is limited to grid "1" and player "D" is limited to defend in grid "2". Player "A" and "B" must combine efforts and the player in possession must be willing to take more risks. The supporting player must offer good support angles and distance to the player in possession. A shot can be made once a defender has been beaten. Coaches should encourage players to beat the defender and finish with a shot.
- Use the Pugg Goal in place of the larger goal and goalkeeper
- Remove grid restrictions on defenders.
- Approach when on the dribble
- Changing direction to beat the defender
- Change pace after change of direction go get past defender
- Supporting player must help player in possession
- Finish with a shot
Drill Target Ages
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17 and Older
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
2v2 Dribbling to Beat the Defender
2v2, 2 vs 2, 2 on 2, dribbling to beat the defender, dribbling drill