Create a grid that is 30X40 yards. Divide in to two teams of 5 field players and 1 goalkeeper. Create a goal on each goal line, or use two Pugg Goals
on each end line.
Players play a 5v5 game with the restriction that the attacking player with the ball must first beat a defender before he can pass or shoot. This restriction will encourage attackers to dribble and take on defenders.
Remove restrictions and play a normal 5v5 game.
- Encourage players to take on defenders.
- Remind players to make a good approach, change direction and change pace.
- Players must make decisions to dribble, pass or shoot.
Drill Target Ages
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17 and Older
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
5v5 Dribbling Game
5v5, 5 on 5, 5 vs 5, soccer, dribbling, drills, game, practice