With a large supply of balls and the keeper in the goal, have 2-3 servers start on one corner of the penalty area.
Instruct the servers to dribble across the top of the penalty area. As the server moves across the penalty area, the goalkeeper must move along the imaginary goalkeeper's arc 2-6 yards from the goal line while keeping their body positioned between the goal and the ball. The dribbler can shoot at any point at their own discretion. The keeper should make the save and quickly move in place along the arc for the next shooter.
- Goalkeeper should shuffle feet quickly without crossing their feet
- Goalkeeper should keep good position on the arc between the ball and the goal
- Goalkeeper should keep a good distance of 2-6 yards from the goal line and never on the goal line.
- Keeper should move quickly
Drill Target Ages
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17 and Older
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
Goalkeeper - Arc Drill 2
goalkeeper arc, keeper, goalie,arc, soccer, drill, goalkeeper, training