- Set up 4 small goals with training sticks or Pugg Goals on the 4 corners of the penalty area.
- Place a keeper in the big goal.
- Split a team into 2 teams of 4.
- The coach should be at the top of the penalty area with an abundant supply of soccer balls.
- The blue team is trying to attack goals 1 and 3 and defend goals 2 and 4.
- The red team is trying to attack goals 2 and 4 and defend goals 1 and 3.
- A goal scored in the small goals counts as 1 point.
- Both teams can score in the big goal protected by the keeper, but only with a header or volley.
- Scoring in the big goal counts as 2 points.
- When the keeper makes a save, they should return the ball to the coach who begins play with either a pass to a team or create a 50/50 ball.
This game does an excellent job or working on spacing and runs as well as finishing, communication, and vision. The blue player might start by goal 3, draw a defender to her and then make a far post run to receive a cross from a teammate by goal 1.
- You can limit their touches to 1-touch or 2-touches.
- You may add perimeter players at the top of the box to keep the pace of the game up.
- Have perimeter players serve first-time for an opportunity on the big goal.
- Creating finishing opportunities
- Switching the point of attack
- Vision of surrounding players (both offensively and defensively)
- Disc Cones
- Scrimmage Pennies/Vests
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls
- Training Sticks or Agility Poles
- Pugg Goal or Mini Soccer Goal
- Full Size Goal
Drill Target Ages
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17 and Older
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
4V4 With 5 Goals Inside The 18
4 vs 4 with 5 Goals - 4v4 Soccer Drills