Create a grid approximately 15X25. The end-lines will serve as goals to begin.
Have the attacker start at their end-line with the defender directly in front of the ball and attacker. Instruct the defender to not move until after the attacker has touched the ball.
The attacker should use body feints in order to off balance the defender, then push the ball past the standing defender with a burst of speed. The defender should attempt to not let the attacker reach the other end-line. A point is awarded for each time the attacker reaches the end-line. After each attempt to beat the defender the attacker and defender should change roles so each players gets a chance to even the score.
- In the same 15X25 grid, unrestrict the defender and continue to play 1v1 to the end-line.
- Next, add a small pugg goal at each end-line and have the players play to the small goal. If you don't have a pugg goal, create a goal with cones, flags or training sticks.
- Use body feints to off-balance the defender.
- Have a quick burst of speed to quickly beat the defender
- Attempt to quickly exploit the space behind the defender
Drill Target Ages
- U4, U-4, Under 4, 4 and Under
- U5, U-5, Under 5, 5 and Under
- U6, U-6, Under 6, 6 and Under
- U7, U-7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- U8, U-8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
1 on 1 Soccer Progression
1-on-1 soccer drills, coaching soccer 1-on-1, one on one