Create a grid that is as wide as the penalty box, and approximately 25-30 yards from goal. Place a goalkeeper in the goal and split the remaining players into two groups (Red and Yellow). The two groups will line up on opposite sides of the file on the cone set farthest from the goal. Make sure that every player has a ball.
On the coach’s command, the first player in the Red group dribbles the ball with speed at the edge of the penalty box and quickly has a shot as they approach. Immediately after the Red player shoots, the first player from the yellow group dribbles at the penalty box as the Red player defends his attempt. After the Yellow player shoots, they immediately defend the next red player who is now attacking. Repeat this rotation throughout the drill.
- Make sure the attack is quick, controlled and the player gets the shot off quickly
- Put the shot on target even when under pressure.
- Dribble with speed.
- Transition Quickly from Offense to Defense
Drill Target Ages
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17 and Older
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
Attack vs. Defence Shooting and Defending Drill
attacking shooting soccer drills, attack defense soccer drills