Create a grid approximately 15X15 yards (make the grid smaller or larger depending on the skill and age of the players). You will need 4 players per grid and two soccer balls. You will be playing 3 attackers vs. 1 defender and the defender should be holding alternate jersey in their hands while defending.
The 3 attackers must keep possession from the 1 defender. The attackers can position themselves anywhere within the grid, and should be constantly moving to create good support for his teammates with the ball. The defender is not trying to win the ball, however, their goal is to touch the attacker while that player is in possession of the ball. If the defender is successful, he hands the alternate jersey to the attacker and they switch roles. If the attackers can hold possession for the count of "30 elephants" they earn a point (reduce this time based on age and skill level of the players).
- Have the defenders tackle the players for the ball. Switch roles when ball is won.
- Limit or increase the number of touches by the attacking players.
- Make sure the players have good supporting movement and angles.
- Help the players think a step ahead of the defenders. Know where the next ball is going to come from or go.
- Make good passing decisions with good pace.
- Introduce combination play into the mix.
Drill Target Ages
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
Improving Speed of Play - Passing Drill
passing drill improve speed play, improve speed of play soccer