Create a 12 X 5 yard grid just inside the penalty box and assign 1 defender to this grid. Have a goalkeeper play in the goal. Place a cone 7 or 8 yards outside the grid where the remaining players must start with a ball.
The defenders job is to stop the attackers from getting through the grid and out the other side while being restricted to only defending within the grid. The attacker’s role is to simply beat the defender and get a shot on goal. The attacker must attack out the back of the cones and not out the sides of the grid. Rotate the defenders every 1 to 2 minutes.
- If the attacking player is stopped by the defender, the attacker quickly becomes a defender attempting to stop the next attacker in line.
- Good Control and keeping the ball close.
- Good Shot on Goal.
- Beating the defender with speed.
Drill Target Ages
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17 and Older
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
1 v 1 to Goal
1 v 1 to Goal, 1 v 1 soccer drill to goal, 1 v 1 soccer, going to goal, scoring goals