Create a grid that is approximately 40X60 yards with goals on each end. Split the teams into 6v6 and place a goalkeeper in each goal.
This is not your normal 6v6 game as this game is played with your hands. The play should follow this order: 1) player throws to a teammate 2) the teammate (receiving player) must control the ball to the ground 3) the receiving player then picks up his trapped ball and throws to a teammate. Players are not able to run while holding the ball. The opposition should attempt to intercept the ball by controlling the ball out of the air, or picking up a poorly trapped ball from the other team.
A goal can be stored at anytime from anywhere within the grid as long as the shot is taken from controlling the ball to the ground.
- Change up the play by allowing players to 1) throw to a teammate; 2) teammate controls the ball to the ground; 3) then he passes the ball to the teammate; 4) the teammate receiving the pass picks the ball up and throws to another teammate.
- Focus on how and where to trap the ball
- Make sure supporting players move off the ball to create space and avoid pressure.
Drill Target Ages
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17 and Older
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
Soccer Control and Trapping Small Sided Game
Soccer Control and Trapping Small Sided Game, Soccer Control, Soccer Trapping