How to Trap with the Outside of the Foot
Trapping with the outside of the foot is an important method in controlling the ball and should be taught at an early age. Because the ball can be touched outside of the player's body easily, it's an important control method helping players set up the ball for a quick shot or pass.
- Player should move towards the ball.
- Body should be behind the flight of the ball.
- Elbows up and away from the body for balance.
- Knees slightly bent.
- Chest over their feet.
- Trapping foot turned slightly where outside of foot is somewhat facing the ball.
- Trapping foot makes contact with the outside of the foot & slightly on top of the foot.
- Trapping foot cushions the ball on the top-middle section of the ball.
- Push the ball into space towards the space on the outside the body (same side as trapping foot).
Soccer Tip Title:
Outside of Foot Traps: Coaching Points for Teaching Trapping with the Outside of the Foot
How to Trap with Outside of Foot in Soccer, Soccer Outside of Foot Trap, Outside Foot Control, Soccer Control
Published by:Chris Johnson