Split into two groups of two players, 5-10 yards apart. The distance between the players will vary based on their skill level. Move players closer if they are beginners and further apart for more advanced players.
One player serves the ball to his partner who traps and controls the ball with the part of the body speficied by the coach.
- Inside of foot traps and control
- Outside of foot traps and control
- Instep of foot traps and control
- Sole of foot traps and control
- Thigh traps and control
- Chest traps and control
When serving the ball to the thigh or chest, the ball should be thrown. Balls served to the foot should be passed. Advanced players can play the chest and thigh traps with their feet.
- Change the distance between players.
- Serve balls with the foot.
How to Trap with the ChestHow to Trap with the ThighHow to Trap with the Inside of the footHow to Trap with the Outside of the FootHow to Trap with the Instep of the FootHow to Trap with the Sole of the Foot
Drill Target Ages
- U4, U-4, Under 4, 4 and Under
- U5, U-5, Under 5, 5 and Under
- U6, U-6, Under 6, 6 and Under
- U7, U-7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- U8, U-8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17 and Older
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
Trapping and Control with No Opposition
How to Trap in Soccer, Trapping Soccer Drill, Control Soccer Drill,