The Numbers Game
The Numbers Game - 1v1 Competition
Published 1/10/2006 10:21:46 PM
Author: Chris Johnson
The Numbers Game soccer drill focuses on the 1v1 situational play for younger players. This 1v1 drill works on all dynamics of this game such as dribbling, shooting, shielding, turning and beating an opponent.
- Create a small 1v1 field approximately 15X20 with two small goals on each end line.
- Split the group into two even teams and assign a number to each player in each team. For instance, if you have 5 players in each team, number off 1-5 in each team.
- One group wears an alternate jersey.
- The coach plays a ball into the area and calls out a number.
- Those players assigned to that number sprint onto the field and play a 1v1.
- The game continues until a team scores a goal or the ball goes out of bounds.
Drill Coaching Points:
- Encourage players to take on their opponent.
- Encourage players to shoot when they have a chance of a goal.
- Instruct the players to protect the ball when necessary.
- Have more than one 1v1 going at the same time.
- Call out two or more numbers to create a 2v2 or 3v3.
Titled: The Numbers Game
Tagged: The Numbers Game - 1v1 Competition