FUN U6 and u8 soccer drill
Published 12/29/2005 12:00:00 AM
Author: Chris Johnson
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target. And best of all, it's a fun soccer game for the players and coach!
- Build a grid 20X30 (may adjust if too large or small).
- Every player begins in the grid with a ball.
- The coach and assistant coach start in the grid without a ball.
- The coaches jog around in the grid and players try to kick their balls and hit the coaches.
- The players get a point each time they hit the coach.
- The coach should yell OUCH each time they are hit to make the game FUN.
- For younger players, the coach can walk around their knees.
Drill Coaching Points:
- Encourage players to get their head up and look for the coaches while dribbling.
- Make sure the players are striking the ball with the proper part of the foot.
- If the players are struggling to hit the coach, the coach should stop for a couple of seconds to give the players a chance.
- Use different parts of the foot: Inside, Instep, Right and Left foot.
Tagged: FUN U6 and u8 soccer drill